Abuse does not discriminate and can affect anyone regardless of sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, religion, age, disability/impairment, marital status and gender.
We treat people with compassionate understanding and give them a voice
We invest in people to provide a confident highly trained team
We respect and value difference and provide equal and inclusive access to all our services
We connect non- judgmentally with our local community to raise awareness and educate
We empower people to recover, heal and rebuild their lives
We courageously challenge societal attitudes that condone and collude with sexual violence
Our Passion and Beliefs
SARAC recognises the personal worth and individuality of clients.
SARAC supports each person’s right to access a non-judgemental, respectful, consultative and transparent service.
Clients have the right to:
- be treated with dignity, compassion and respect;
- be offered a non-judgemental service;
- be informed of the services available;
- be provided with best practice interventions;
- have culture, class, age, ability and sexual preference respected; and
- be treated with respect no matter what their background or experience when accessing services.
SARAC has the right to assess and determine which individuals it can and will safely support via its internal assessment, on a case-by-case basis, even if sexual abuse has been or still is a factor.
SARAC supports and encourages any client’s right to provide feedback on the service, including complaining if they feel that the service provided has not been appropriate.
When accessing telephone and other services, the organisation requests that clients:
- access the service for interventions relating to sexual assault and/or rape;
- do not threaten, or be aggressive or abusive to staff;
- be truthful and forthcoming with personal details when consulted in the development phase of a support plan;
- work towards the achievement of negotiated goals;
- abide by the boundaries set in the support plan; and
- provide non-identifying statistical data to the organisation for accountability purposes.