Our services rely greatly on committed volunteers in order to provide a consistent service to survivors of sexual abuse.
Get Involved – Volunteer
We are proud to share that in 2015/2016 the SARAC Volunteer Team won the Volunteer Star Awards from Support Staffordshire in recognition of their valuable contribution and commitment to supporting survivors of sexual abuse. In 2017, SARAC also received a special recognition award.
More recently in 2021 we won The Queens Award for Voluntary Service and in 2022 the Staffordshire High Sheriff’s Award.
Due to the nature of our work, volunteering can be challenging at times, but it is an extremely rewarding experience. Our services rely greatly on committed volunteers in order to provide a consistent service to survivors of sexual abuse.
- Have the ability to listen and empathise with others?
- Have reliability and commitment?
- Have good communication skills?
- Have a willingness to be open and learn?
- Want a meaningful volunteering opportunity?
If you answered yes, then please get in touch; we would love to hear from you!
There are endless reasons why people volunteer. Here is what our volunteers have told us; they do it:
- to gain life skills and experience;
- to be part of a good cause;
- to enhance their CV and job prospects;
- to make a valuable contribution to the lives of others (the feeling is like no other); and/or
- because it has been recommended as being a great place to volunteer.
Hear from Our Volunteers
Young Person’s Ambassador
We are expanding our Young Person’s Ambassador team, with recruitment ongoing to bring more voices to the team who can offer new ideas as to how to further educate young people and bring more points of contact for the charity to local educational settings.
If you would like to be an ambassador in your education setting in Burton or surroundings get in touch with Caroline: email@example.com
SARAC is committed to ensuring that no volunteer or volunteer applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, sex, religion, marital status, nationality, ethnic origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Please do not contact the helpline for volunteer enquiries, as the purpose of this line is to provide emotional support for clients only.