SARAC (Sexual Abuse Rape Advice Centre) offers confidential support for people in Burton, Lichfield, Tamworth, Uttoxeter, Swadlincote and South Derbyshire who are at risk of or have experienced sexual violence and/or rape at anytime in their lives.
Our specialist support is for any individual over 11 years old.
The services are provided by experienced and qualified sexual-violence-trauma supporters.
Young Persons 11-18
Our specialist support is for anybody aged 11 and over who has been affected at anytime in their lives.
We support adults with recent or historical trauma from sexual abuse or violence.
Specialised Male Support
Emotional supporters will provide support for any male affected by trauma.
Our services rely greatly on committed volunteers in order to provide a consistent service to survivors of sexual abuse.
Donate & Fundraising
There are so many ways you can help as an individual, group or friends, community group or workplace to fundraise for SARAC.
Young Persons Education
One of SARAC’s core values is to connect with our local community to raise awareness and educate.
Vision : Mission : Values
A world free from sexual abuse.
To provide trauma-informed support and education to all people affected by sexual violence in Burton and District
- We believe those at risk of, or suffering the effects of, rape and sexual abuse from every background should be treated with compassionate understanding.
- We invest in people to provide a confident highly trained staff
- We respect and value difference and provide equal and inclusive access to all our services.
- We connect with our local community to raise awareness and educate
- We empower people to recover, heal and rebuild their lives
- We challenge societal attitudes that condone and collude with sexual violence
SARAC Calls On Government To Act On Child Sexual Abuse Recommendations The IICSA report was published last year and detailed its investigation into child sexual
Burton Company Kick-Starts Charity Fundraising for SARAC with Football Fun Burton based thermoplastics company, Plastribution, have selected SARAC as their chosen charity to fundraise for